Pages

Conquer the World

Conquer the World
"They that await upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles"

Sunday, August 21, 2011

That Was Easy

Ever been to Staples? How about have you seen a Staples commercial? They nailed me hook, line, and sinker, with one of their advertising schemes. They created the 'Easy Button'. The easy button, on the commercials, makes all the problems go away. It is pretty sweet. A group has a project due and needs to make a huge number of copies, one of them pulls out an easy button, presses it, and presto! Their job is done. When I recently went to a Staples for some regular office needs, I saw they actually sold these little bad boys. Done. I am now the owner of an easy button.

Unfortunately, it doesn't do everything it does on tv. I've tried. I really, really, wish it would make some of the problems I have go away (who wouldn't!), but that is just not the way that the cookie is crumbling. I've often asked why? Why can't there be an easy button? After thinking about that question for a while I found that though we may not have an easy button to make problems disappear, we do have a pretty sweet tool box to use.

Unfortunately, I do not think there will ever be a button that will make things go away, life just isn't about that. If there was, what would be the point? This time we call life is for us to figure out how to follow. Following God is what we're here for, even though we can't see him. So I told you about a tool box, this box is filled with some pretty sweet stuff. Tools I have found helpful in my life have been scriptures, prayer, and going to Church. All three very basic, but vital. It's like the hammer, nail, and saw in things.

I know that this life is for us to prepare to meet God. He wants every single one of us to return back to Him. He has no set number and there are no reserved seats. That's why there isn't a button, but a tool box. We have to take the many things he gives us and go to work, use them, and see how they help us return to live with Him. He didn't send broken tools either. He only sends His best. After using those tools time and time again, we to can say, 'that was easy'.

No comments: