Pages

Conquer the World

Conquer the World
"They that await upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles"

Sunday, September 4, 2011

New Beginnings

September is here. That means there is change in the air. I've been thinking about change lately, recent events have fueled this. First is the opportunity I had to watch a friend of mine make a new beginning of her own. Kristen made the decision to be baptized last Friday! It was an awesome experience for everyone who was there, but I bet it was even better for her. She had a great support from family and friends, she is great.

I love the principle of baptism. Baptism is an ordinance (an outward expression of inward commitment), and is our opportunity to make a covenant (or promise) with God. We promise to keep the commandments, and follow Jesus Christ. In return, our loving Heavenly Father promises us a remission of sins, and to have His Spirit to be with us always. Find out more about baptism here.

Think about that. An all-knowing, all-remembering God will forgive you of your past. That is definitely a new beginning. It is also one of the few promises we make where the other Person will never break His side of the deal. That is a good feeling.

As Fall comes into the picture, we can all see the changes that will happen in the world around us. I have thought more and more about the changes I have found in my own life. Like Kristen, I had to make my own decision to be baptized. I had to gain my own testimony of the Book of Mormon, which is what makes anything and everything about this Church valid.

When I think about the changes that the Book of Mormon has made in my life, I remember my time in college, when I found myself heading down the wrong road. I was looking for something to fill whatever it was missing, and found it. I found truth in a Prophet's words in saying,
"And it supposeth me that they have come up hither to hear the pleasing word of God, yea, the word which healeth the wounded soul." Jacob 2:8
Find out more about the Book of Mormon here
As I read, sincerely, I found truth, and change in my life. Because it did, I can tell you that it will for you to! I prayed and asked God if it was true, it IS! As you notice the changes in the world around this season, think about how you have changed. You have. By the mere fact that we have the ability to change means that we can continue to do so. Think about how you can change, then do it! Change for the better, and see your world become full of hope, faith, and a love for all around you.

No comments: